The laws of supply and demand are in full swing when it comes to online bookmakers in Australia. To casual observers, it would appear that the supply is not only adequate, but is actually a case where an oversupply is present.
To those, it would seem almost farcical that a new online bookmaker would arise, but if the demand were not real, then there would be a market where consolidation, resulting in fewer online bookmakers, as opposed to the expansion that is being seen.
In many other areas of the economy, such as consumer electronics, mergers are reducing the number of choices available to the consumer, but the recent arrival of Palmerbet.com to the ranks of the online bookmakers is proof positive that demand is currently exceeding supply and that a locally owned concern can still compete with the international conglomerates that have absorbed many prominent Australian online bookmakers. Palmerbet: Bonus $250 Bet
Palmerbet.com is less than a year old, but it is attracting attention for all the right reasons: competitive odds, plentiful markets and home-grown customer service that is reassuring.
The Palmer family of Sydney racecourse renown is behind this new venture, having been involved in thoroughbred racing for over three decades, operating from the rails of Canterbury racecourse, but also a presence at tracks all across the country. This venture into the online forum automatically gives them an expansion into the sports markets beyond racing, which in and of itself would make the move to online wagering seem like a savvy business move.
Here are a few specifics regarding the operation of Palmerbet.com that will hopefully be of some value for anyone giving consideration to the choice of a first or additional online betting agency.
Experienced punters will appreciate the familiar feel to the Palmerbet computer betting interface.
It could easily be said that a good system has been in place a long time, one that needs little in the way of tweaking, and Palmerbet’s website makes good use of the three column system that shows links for specific sports on the left side of the page, displays markets in the center and selections on the right side of the page, where the betting slip will be found.
This is also partly due to the fact that the same webpage design firm that created Luxbet was also involved in the creation of the Palmerbet.com website. At any rate, moving from left to right, beginning to end of the process of getting a punt on is a system that works quite well and the Palmerbet web pages are easy to navigate, without excessive clutter.
They do offer a mobile version for the rapidly increasing number of punters who enjoy the ability to multi task and move about, rather than being parked in front of a computer monitor. Palmerbet: Bonus $250 Bet
At this point in time, it would have to be said objectively that Palmerbet does not have as many markets as some of the other online bookmakers, but at the same time, saying this is not meant to imply that they are in any way inadequate.
Being from a racing background, there is no lack of coverage of any of the racing codes and Palmerbet, in addition to the usual assortment of exotics one would expect, has nine different racing products that provide racing punters with enough choices to satisfy any and every one.
Sports punters will find plenty of markets for Australian Rules, Rugby League, Rugby Union and soccer, including soccer futures. The rest of the major sports are well represented, progressing down through some of the less widely spread sports, such as darts and surfing.
Noticeably, perhaps thankfully absent, are any of the novelty markets that seem to be omnipresent on some of the other online bookmakers websites, so anyone interested in punting on which movie will win the Academy Award for Best Picture might need to find a different source.
Palmerbet offers promotions galore, both ongoing and one-off. There is always something to be found, making it a good idea to check in frequently. A few of these are:
• BOB or Best of the Best-A popular racing promotion that pays dividends equivalent to the best of all three totes, along with the Top Fluc of on-course bookmakers from certain Palmerbet selected Metro meetings.
• Refer-A-Friend-Opportunity to earn a bonus $50 bet for any friends who enroll as the result of a referral from a Palmerbet member.
• Owners’ Bonus-Valid at any Australian racetrack, this promotion offers owners who back their own horses for Win and Each Way bets dividends that are the better of the three totes and Top Fluc.
• Even Money Lines-Applicable to the NRL and AFL, as well as currently expanded to include the NBA playoffs.
• Special Promotions-These change regularly and are only available for viewing by registered palmerbet.com members.
• Wagering accounts can be funded with Visa, MasterCard, BPAY and POLi.
• Minimum account size is $10 for credit card and POLi, $25 for BPAY. EFTs and bank transfers might be dependent upon the selected bank. Palmerbet does not have any dormant account fees or transaction fees.
• Minimum wager amount is $1 for online and $10 for telephone bets, both of which need to be made in $0.50 increments. Turnover requirements are 1x for deposited funds and 2x for any bonuses.
• $250 sign-up bonus for new members is a 100 percent matching offer capped at $250. It must be used for a Fixed Odds bet at 1.40 or better. It is not valid for residents of Victoria and South Australia.
It is not simply a case of nationalistic pride that makes Palmerbet.com a worthwhile addition to the online wagering scene, but their local presence would have to be acknowledged as a welcome benefit just the same.
It remains to be seen where they will fall with regard to margin, but it would be safe to assume that they will be competitive in that area, as it appears they are regarding odds.
They will obviously experience some growing pains as the innovate and adapt, as is true of and essential to any business, but their years of experience as on-course bookmakers seemingly has served them well to this point and hopefully will continue into the future.